Vacancy code/ Stellencode: DO004
Application deadline/ Bewerbungsschluss: 15/05/2022
Announcement date/ Datum der Bekanntmachung: 04/05/2022
Place of work/ Arbeitsplatz: Online
Employer/Arbeitgeber*in: Caesar Families Association
Employer profile/ Arbeitgeberprofil:
We are a group of families who lost their loved ones under the hammer of torture, victims of enforced disappearance in government forces prisons in Syria.
We were able to identify our sons in the leaked photos from the torture and murder camps called “Caesar Pictures” and we communicated and worked together for many months before we met together at our first founding meeting in February 2018, in Berlin, to establish the Kaiser Families Association.
Through our association, we aspire to unite our voice in demanding truth, justice, and rehabilitation for all victims of torture and enforced disappearance in Syria.
Unit-Department/ Abteilung: documentation department
Job title/ Stellenbezeichnung: documentation officer
No. of positions available/ Anzahl der verfügbaren Positionen: only one.
Type of contract and duration/ Vertragsart und Laufzeit: one year and a half.
Roles and responsibilities/ Funktionen und Verantwortlichkeiten:
● Receiving documentation from the beneficiaries and verifying the accuracy of the information.
● Communicate with the beneficiaries and follow up to complete the information and documentation.
● Searching through open sources and the association’s own sources for information related to documentation.
● Keeping documentation on the association’s servers and ensuring the confidentiality of information and data.
● Conducting and archiving documentary interviews according to work protocols and directives of the direct manager.
● Handing over the documentation to the direct manager at the specified times to complete the tasks and following up with him/her.
● Completing tasks related to documentation under the management and supervision of the direct manager.
Competencies/ Skills and Experience: Kompetenzen/ Fähigkeiten und Erfahrungen Diploma/Diplom:
● Holds at least a high school diploma.
● Sufficient experience in humanitarian documentation, both in the field and in the office.
● Experience in conducting interviews and managing dialogue with beneficiaries.
● The ability to deal with Caesar images, attention to mental health, ability to focus, and professional work during communication with families
● The necessity of knowing and paying attention to human rights and the violations committed in Syria in general.
● Fluent with computers and Office programs, Google Drive, the most important of which is experience with Excel and dealing with data
● Ability to work under pressure and ability to learn and build capacity.
● Native Arabic speaker and the ability to speak and write in English is preferred.
● A priority for the families of the victims.
Type of Announcement (Internal/External): Art der Bekanntmachung (intern/extern): Internal and External
How to apply/ Wie bewerbe ich mich:
- The CV must include contact information (telephone number, Skype address), previous experiences with professional references, academic qualifications
Le Der Lebenslauf muss Kontaktinformationen (Telefonnummer, Skype-Adresse), frühere Erfahrungen mit beruflichen Referenzen und akademische Qualifikationen enthalten
- CV must be in PDF with the full name of the applicant in the title
Le Der Lebenslauf muss als PDF mit dem vollständigen Namen der*des Bewerberin*Bewerbers im Titel vorliegen
- Applications must be sent via email to email@example.com with the name of the vacancy in the email subject
Le Bewerbungen müssen per E-Mail mit dem Titel der offenen Stelle im Betreff an firstname.lastname@example.org gesendet werden.
- Any application received after the deadline will be rejected.