24 Jul Volunteering Vacancy Announcement
Vacancy code/ Stellencode: 015VOL
Application deadline/ Bewerbungsschluss: The vacancy is open throughout the year
Announcement date/ Datum der Bekanntmachung:22/06/2022
Place of work/ Arbeitsplatz: Online
Employer/Arbeitgeber*in: Caesars Families Association (CFA).
Employer profile/ Arbeitgeberprofil: We are a group of families that have lost loved ones under torture, the victims of forced disappearance in the Syrian regime’s prisons. We identified our relatives in the Ceasar photos which were leaked from the Syrian regime detention centres. We’ve been working together since February 2018 in Berlin to establish the Caesars Families Association (CFA). CFA aims to unify our voices, demanding the truth, justice, and restitution for the victims of torture and forced disappearance in Syria.
Unit-Department/ Abteilung: Depending on the specialty
Job title/ Stellenbezeichnung: Volunteer
No. of positions available/ Anzahl der verfügbaren Positionen: 7
Type of contract and duration/ Vertragsart und Laufzeit: 3 months (Starting the date of admission)
Roles and responsibilities/ Funktionen und Verantwortlichkeiten:
● Will be determined according to the qualifications of the applicant
● Self-motivated, English speakers are also encouraged to apply
Skills and Experience/ Fähigkeiten und Erfahrungen
- Native Arabic Language. Good command of at least one of the following languages: English, Spanish, French, German.
- Has experience in conducting research through open sources and electronic communication. The candidate should also have knowledge in protocols related to Syria that the targeted countries which newly joined the United Nations do.
- The candidate should have knowledge of the UN system, UNSC, UNGA, HRC.
- Good knowledge in the Syrian political and advocacy context related to protection of human rights, transitional justice, accountability, and victims rights.
- Good knowledge of the international political context related to Syria.
Administrative support (project coordination and fundraising)
- Support the administrative team in fundraising, writing grant proposals, organizing administrative team meetings with CFA’s Board.
- Support the administrative team in managing projects, setting tasks for the team and setting schedule of delivering the tasks in order to ensure the projects’ success.
- Significant organizational experience, willingness to learn, good command of Arabic and English languages, and very good technical expertise (Google services) is required
- Ability to use Photoshop and manage social media platforms such as websites, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Good command of Arabic and English languages.
- Good knowledge in Archiving.
- Excellent knowledge in using Excel and Google services. The candidate should have the willingness to learn.
- Excellent knowledge in Archiving files.
- Ability to search for and suggest technical solutions in order to solve technical problems that the team is facing. Technical solutions could include people’s data protection and security.
- Good command of the English language.
How to apply/ Wie bewerbe ich mich:
- You can apply by submitting the information on the following link: https://www.caesarfamilies.org/join-us/
- The CV must include contact information (telephone number, Skype address), previous experiences with professional references, academic qualifications
- CVs will be reviewed after 2-3 weeks of receiving the Application. Only the shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews. We apologize for not sending replies to all.